Edit Response Text: Web/App
Step 1: To begin, you’ll want to ensure you edit responses within the appropriate channel. You'll most often edit web and app responses within the Content Channel.
To filter to the Content Channel:
- Select the filter button in the top right.
- Select the dropdown menu for Channel Name.
- Check the box next to Content Channel.
- Select Apply.
Step 2: To begin, click anywhere within the row of the response you’d like to edit. Once selected, a window will populate with the response copy.
Step 3: Select “Edit” in the top right corner.
Step 4: A draft tab will now appear, allowing you to edit your response copy by typing directly into the available input field.
Step 5: If you are ready for the response to go live immediately:
- Select “Ready to Publish” in the bottom center of the response window.
- Select “Publish” in the same location.
- Your new response copy is now live!
Optional: To save this response as a draft, and publish it at a later time:
- Select “Save” in the bottom right corner.
- Close out of the response window and follow the steps outlined above to publish it when you are ready.
- 1.Follow the steps above to edit a response.
- 2.Select “Markdown” as the response title.
- 3.Within the response copy, you’ll format the contact information as follows:
Phone Number: [123-456-7890](tel:1234567890)
With an option/extension: [123-456-7890 ext. 22](tel:1234567890,22)
- You’ll want to ensure there are no spaces between the closing bracket and opening parenthesis.
- The customer will see the text within the brackets. The text within the parentheses is the command.
- Ensure your content type is set to "MARKDOWN" and not "TEXT" or "HTML
- Add the following formatting to your link [Visit Google](https://google.com)
- It is important to include the full link with "https://" unless adding an app deeplink.
- We recommend using “Markdown” instead of “Text” as the response header as there are a few benefits:
- To add **bold to a response**, add a double asterisk around the text you’d like to include.
- To add *italics to a response*, add a single asterisk around the text you’d like to include.
- You are able to link phone numbers and email addresses (noted above).
- Line breaks are displayed to the end user in a better format.
- There is no strict character limit, but we recommend staying around 300 to eliminate excess scroll for the end user.
- Answer the question within the response, don’t rely on the user to select a link to learn more.